Labeling Enhancers for EM, LM and Blots
Step 1: High Resolution Labeling
Label your proteins and peptides
with our ultra-small gold nanoparticle labels
...Their tiny size will give you super-specific targeting,
and incredible penetration (up to 40 µm into tissues!)
Step 2: Enhancement for Imaging
Enlarge our ultra-specific labels
with our Silver or Gold Enhancers
See everything clearly, using our easy kits for EM, LM or blots
--Get amazing images that journals will love!
HQ & LI Silver Enhancement Kits
The original Nanoprobes enhancers, widely used in the literature and well trusted.
GoldEnhance™ Gold Enhancement Kits
The next generation of labeling enhancement, solving some issues with silver developers.
Better than silver in many cases:
- May safely be used before osmium tetroxide staining (silver is dissolved by the oxidizing agent O4; gold is stable)
- Lower backgrounds than silver in many cases; autonucleation minimal even after 1-2 hours
- For SEM, gold gives a much better backscatter signal than silver
- Compatible with physiological buffers (silver precipitates with chloride ion, as in PBS buffer; gold does not)
- Reaction is less pH senstitive than silver, and GoldEnhance™ is near neutral for best structural preservation of biological samples (many silver enhancers have a pH of 3-4)
- Excellent shelf life
- Low viscosity for easy and accurate mixing of components
Our customers report superb results in their labs,
with real improvement over silver enhancement
for light microscopy, electron microscopy and blots.